Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation is the umbrella organization that supports the activities of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Ailey II, The Ailey School, Ailey Arts in Education & Community Programs and the Ailey Extension. Ailey has a budget of $30M, and approximately 80 full time employees and 200 part time employees. We are seeking an HR Generalist for a part time position of approximately 20 hours per week to handle the following responsibilities:
- Provide employee relations support; counsel and advise employees on performance management, conflict resolution, and various employee issues
- Provide advice and assistance to staff regarding company policies, procedures and benefits
- Maintain a current understanding of regulations affecting employees, and assist with compliance.
- Conduct new hire orientation, exit interviews, attend performance hearings
- Help develop programs to encourage employee communications and generate enthusiasm
- Source candidates, screen resumes and interview job applicants as required
The ideal candidate will have
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of non-profit organizations and creative environments
- Knowledge of standard employment practices, regulations and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of HR-related work experience
Start date: Immediate
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
No phone calls please.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Mail: Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Personnel Dept
405 W. 55th St.
New York, NY 10019