Education Technology Company based in the Flatiron district of New York City is hiring a Director of HR with a focus on employee relations, compensation, rewards/ benefits and HR project management. A brief description is below. For more information and to apply, please email email@example.com.
The Company creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers, from animated movies, student creation and reflection tools, learning games, and interactive quizzes to customizable and playful assessments, lesson plans, professional development opportunities, and beyond. A global company with headquarters in NYC and an office in Tel Aviv, learning resources are made available in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and French, The Company products are used in over 40% of US elementary and middle schools, and its website welcomes millions of monthly site visitors.
The Director of Human Resources is a newly created position, who will report to the CFO and support our 140+ employees in the areas of Employee Relations, Compensation/ Rewards, and HR Project Management for a variety of initiatives. In addition, as an organization that prioritizes collaboration across functions, the Director of HR will work across all areas of human resources, including partnering with the Chief Culture Officer on projects in talent acquisition, retention, staff training, learning and development, and HRIS.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Acting as the primary resource for all employee HR needs
- Advising the CFO, CCO, legal and the management team on HR policies and best practices
- Building compliance across all activities, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters
- Thoughtfully communicating the status of key initiatives and programs to all levels of the company
- Reviewing and improving our rewards portfolio in the face of the changing workforce demographics
- Creating and implementing a compensation philosophy and system that is flexible and contemporary
- Ensuring that our compensation model and benefits offerings remain cost-efficient but competitive and aligned with being an employer of choice
Partnering with the Culture Team
- To provide project management and support for initiatives in talent acquisition, retention, staff training, learning and development
- To execute HRIS needs analysis, selection and implementation and ensure that we use technology to better deliver HR services to our workforce
- To support performance management initiatives and systems implementation to enhance our feedback culture
- To identify opportunities for systemization, process improvement, and collaboration
- A well-rounded professional in all HR disciplines with specific expertise and experience in Employee Relations, Total Rewards (compensation and benefits), and HR Technology/ systems implementation
- A strong communicator – writer, speaker, presenter – with strong influencing and diplomatic skills, combined with an empathetic, approachable personality
- Well-versed in current HR regulations and compliance
- Willing and able to dive in operationally, and with strong implementation skills
- Collaborative, with a natural ability to build trust and relationships across all levels;
- Process- and operationally-minded, easily able to connect the dots and drive efficiencies
- Innovative and creative, with a flexible approach
On your resume:
- 7+ years HR experience
- Demonstrated experience in Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, and HR Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in HR or related disciplines preferred
- Global HR knowledge a plus
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.