For many professionals, going through a job search or career change is an experience loaded with uncertainty. Even exceptionally qualified candidates can be left feeling unsure about how to prepare.
If you’ve ever wondered why you’re not getting the interviews you want or you feel unsure about how to negotiate the best offer, career coaching will put you back in the driver’s seat.
“It’s almost 2am here in the west coast but I am too excited to go to bed because I just got hired by a company (and industry) and will be doing something I’ve been dreaming for the past 4 years. They offered me the highest compensation which I don’t even need to go further negotiation. I am so grateful to find you and be inspired by you. I still can’t believe I am employed now.” Olivia H., healthcare
Working with a career coach is about more than just finding your next job.
It’s about developing a personal brand that attracts outstanding opportunities and then acting on those opportunities to build a strong network of people who will help you succeed.
Ultimately, career coaching will help you feel confident in negotiating a compensation package that matches the expertise you have to offer.
“It’s a 37% increase in salary. [My former employer] really wanted me to stay, but I was able to use that as leverage and negotiate the salary. Thanks so much for your guidance and advice – it truly helped me. Jay P., Operations
Why go it alone in your career when you don’t have to?
We co-founded SixFigureStart® after hiring and developing the careers of thousands of people for start-ups through Fortune 500 companies in financial services, management consulting, media, pharmaceuticals/ biotech and technology.
Career coaching offers you customized advice and support including:
- Getting clarity on companies, industries, and jobs to target
- Refining your personal brand — resume, cover letter, online profile
- Doing a mock interview and getting candid feedback
- Creating and testing your elevator pitch
- Troubleshooting your job search and figuring out why you’re stuck
- Getting salary advice and negotiating strategies
- Figuring out a sticky career situation
- Preparing for a performance review, promotion discussion or raise request
- Taking action towards leading the fulfilling and financially rewarding life you crave
- Changing careers to better align with your interests and passions
- Starting a business — because sometimes the best career fit is entrepreneurship
Here are examples of clients that we have worked with:
- An experienced professional in the media industry looking to define his next step – stay for the next promotion or make a move now?
- A tech CEO whose company was acquired by a big financial institution – what should his second act be?
- A sales executive who feels underutilized by her current closely-held private employer – how does she get to a bigger brand with more opportunity?
- A former journalist who wants to move into PR – how can she change careers?
- A Vice President at an investment bank who wants out of financial services but doesn’t know what she wants instead – how can she discover her true passion and make it happen?
- A recent undergraduate with a string of interesting projects and internships looking for her first big break – how does she parlay her part-time experience into a full-time job?
- A senior executive in Big Pharma who wants to move into a leadership role at a biotech start-up – how can he get the attention of VCs and investors looking for their next CEO?
- A brand strategies for large corporates starts her own design agency. How does she price services, identify ideal clients and build a thriving and sustainable business?
“Caroline and Connie helped me develop my responses so that I had an answer for any possible question thrown at me during the interview. In previous interviews, I was always very hesitant after a question was asked. I needed to take time to think of an answer. After coaching with SixFigureStart, my interview with [Big Four Audit Firm] went very smoothly and I had great answers for everything asked. Without her help I do not think I could have received the [Big Four Audit Firm] offer.” Lindsay S.,,Audit
How does coaching work?
If you are looking to:
- Get promoted
- Develop your leadership and management capacity
- Explore a career change
- Launch a business
- Build a sustainable, balanced life
We offer customized 1:1 coaching to support you in your professional and personal success. Coaching is offered by phone on a recorded conference line so you get an Mp3 of the coaching to refer to again and again. Private coaching packages start at $3,000 and include access to all of our proprietary exercises and assessments, Mp3 recordings of 20 of our job search, career management, and life coaching workshops, and email support in-between sessions.
Our JumpStart program is specifically for people looking for a new job. JumpStart includes a combination of a resume critique, mock interview, email support, and online resources. The JumpStart program investment is $500 or $1,500, and you can see your options on the dedicated JumpStart page:
Connie oversees our JumpStart program. Please contact Connie at email@example.com if you’re interested in coaching via our JumpStart program.
Caroline specializes in working with career changers, creatives, executives and entrepreneurs looking to define their own brand of professional and personal success. Contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and availability.
Do you still have questions?
Get to know us at our Free Resources page to access free coaching advice via our blog, newsletter, radio show, and special collections of resources specifically for Networking, Negotiation, and Personal Branding. You’ll get to know our coaching approach and ideas, and you’ll get immediate help to start moving towards your career dreams right now!
If you have even more questions, fill out our Contact Page and we’ll get right back to you.
We look forward to collaborating on your career success!
All information is copyright © SixFigureStart® 2008-2015.