In an earlier post, I announced the upcoming 30-Day New Year/ New Career Challenge On January 26. Thanks to everyone who has already registered, and there is till time to get on the list. The first session is going to be focused on your Personal Brand, and I shared 4 Challenge Questions on Branding. The second session focuses on Networking, and I shared 4 Challenge Questions on Networking. The third session focuses on Resources, and I shared 4 Challenge Questions on Resources.
The Challenge Questions are helpful pre-work to get a sense for where you are starting from, but you also need to know where you want to go. To this end, here are more career questions to think about regarding where you are headed:
What is your career goal?
- to advance at your current company
- to change jobs
- to change careers
- to move from unemployed to employed
- to start a business
- to grow a business
How will you know you are successful?
- For career progress, do you have a specific title you are aiming for?
- For the job changer, do, you have a specific new company in mind?
- For the career switcher, do you have a specific new industry and/ or function identified?
- For the unemployed, do you have a specific industry and function identified?
- For the aspiring business owner, do you have a business idea?
- For the existing business owner, do you have a target revenue or other measure of growth?