Connie comments on negotiating severance in Susan Adams' latest piece for Forbes.com: How To Negotiate Severance: New York career coach Connie Thenasoulis-Cerrachio, who previously worked in human resources for Citigroup C +1.34%, Pfizer PFE +0.07% and Merrill Lynch, says if you’re working on a long-term project or you see a particular need in your department, [...]
This post originally appears in my Work In Progress blog for Forbes.com: In just the last few weeks, three big companies announced three big layoffs. Pepsi is cutting 8,700 jobs. American Airlines is looking to cut 13,000 jobs. Kraft is cutting 1,600. While the overall unemployment figures are trending down, layoffs are still a [...]
Recently, a past colleague referred me to his friend for a job search consultation. In just 2 minutes, I knew that this person was solidly on his way to finding his next position and it was just a matter of time before he landed. In fact, he didn't even need to talk with me for [...]
- Why Having A Job Beats Running Your Own Business
- You Have More Than One Personal Brand — Take Advantage Of This Flexibility
- It’s The New (School) Year. Time To Craft A Career Plan
- A 4-Step Time Management Plan To Balance Immediate Needs With Long-Term Goals
- Does A Good Job Mean You Have to Love Your Job?