Yes, you can negotiate as a consultant, temp, freelancer, or small business owner. Don’t assume that just because you’re not full-fledged staff, you have less influence. Don’t assume that since it’s just you v. a bigger company that you don’t have leverage. Don’t assume that a company can’t pay more, even if they insist they [...]
Reader H.M. asks: What are good ways of finding quiet in an open office or in securing a private office in the hiring process or after starting a job? This is a timely question since many workplaces I’m seeing are moving to an open floorplan – better collaboration and cost efficiency are the two reasons [...]
Client got 10% more. I was more excited about severance – @SixFigureStart That was a Tweet I wrote for my recent Forbes post on Ask For Even More: Five Items Even Savvy Professionals Forget To Negotiate For. My client came to me for negotiation support on her multiple six-figure package, and we did get it [...]
- Does A Good Job Mean You Have to Love Your Job?
- Five Ways To Uncover Alternative Careers Suitable For You
- Five Ways To Build Your Brand For A Future Without Jobs
- Keep Your Job Search Confidential: Four Ways Job Seekers Inadvertently Out Themselves
- Why Company Bad News Doesn’t Always Mean You Should Turn Down A Job