Think big. Focus. Never give up. That’s your mantra. Everything else will fall into place. – Rebecca Matthias Rebecca Matthias is CEO of Mothers Work (retail outlets include Mimi Maternity, Pea in the Pod, and Motherhood). This quote is from her book, Mothers Work, one of my favorite business books — an inspirational and informative [...]
I'm excited to be featured in a work/life piece in AllParenting.com about moms who have stepped out of their comfort zone: Did stand-up comedy "I took a comedy class to work on my writing but before I knew it, I had formed a comedy troupe with my classmates," says Carline Ceniza Levine, mother of two, [...]
This business advice post originally appears in my Work In Progress blog for Forbes.com: I haven’t read “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg and don’t plan to. I have already seen her TED talk and Barnard College commencement address so I have the gist of her message, and there are lots of other great reads. If [...]
- Does A Good Job Mean You Have to Love Your Job?
- Five Ways To Uncover Alternative Careers Suitable For You
- Five Ways To Build Your Brand For A Future Without Jobs
- Keep Your Job Search Confidential: Four Ways Job Seekers Inadvertently Out Themselves
- Why Company Bad News Doesn’t Always Mean You Should Turn Down A Job