Management success is different than on-the-job success. I spent most of last week coaching new managers at an emerging leaders program for the media industry. The level of talent was evident, and the participants had a rich set of skills and experience that made them so effective at their jobs that they got promoted and [...]
I was recently interviewed by Forbes on what to do when you are more qualified than your boss. It actually happens more than you think. Companies need leaders and leaders grow through diverse experiences. So people are often "dropped" into growth roles to learn and to lead and they end up managing "subject matter experts" [...]
- Does A Good Job Mean You Have to Love Your Job?
- Five Ways To Uncover Alternative Careers Suitable For You
- Five Ways To Build Your Brand For A Future Without Jobs
- Keep Your Job Search Confidential: Four Ways Job Seekers Inadvertently Out Themselves
- Why Company Bad News Doesn’t Always Mean You Should Turn Down A Job