The greatest hurdle is convincing yourself that what you want is possible. Author Unknown I loved the Chip and Dan Heath book, Decisive, and I can’t recommend it highly enough. It is about making better decisions, and one of the book’s first recommendations is Widen Your Options. Think “And” rather than “Either/Or”. Many times that [...]
A wrong decision is better than indecision - Tony Soprano This is a tricky market to look for a job or start a business. The economy is volatile, so employers and customers are fickle. You might put in a lot of work only to lose out on an offer or project. A lot of my [...]
This post originally appears in my Work In Progress column for Forbes.com: In my line of work as an executive coach and corporate trainer, I read a LOT of career and self-help books. Here are 10 of my favorites from this year: Forget A Mentor, Get A Sponsor: The New Way To Fast-Track Your Career [...]
- Does A Good Job Mean You Have to Love Your Job?
- Five Ways To Uncover Alternative Careers Suitable For You
- Five Ways To Build Your Brand For A Future Without Jobs
- Keep Your Job Search Confidential: Four Ways Job Seekers Inadvertently Out Themselves
- Why Company Bad News Doesn’t Always Mean You Should Turn Down A Job