This business advice post originally appears in my Work In Progress blog for Forbes.com: I haven’t read “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg and don’t plan to. I have already seen her TED talk and Barnard College commencement address so I have the gist of her message, and there are lots of other great reads. If [...]
Now that we're past the first quarter of the year, it's a good time to take stock and see how you're doing on your goals, new positive habits to implement, and other success bars you've set for yourself. I often write book reviews on helpful books I come across. Here are some recent discoveries that [...]
The subtitle to Laura Vanderkam's "168 Hours" is You Have More Time Than You Think. Indeed, that is the thesis she carries very convincingly throughout the book. Vanderkam tracks people's activities by the half-hour (real time diaries are included) to demonstrate that people fritter away more time than they think. The upside, therefore, is now [...]
- Does A Good Job Mean You Have to Love Your Job?
- Five Ways To Uncover Alternative Careers Suitable For You
- Five Ways To Build Your Brand For A Future Without Jobs
- Keep Your Job Search Confidential: Four Ways Job Seekers Inadvertently Out Themselves
- Why Company Bad News Doesn’t Always Mean You Should Turn Down A Job