The Senior Director of Talent is a highly visible role, leading our growing team of talented recruiters (currently five direct reports and a total team of 40). The Senior Director of Talent will own the talent acquisition process, including responsibility for employer branding, candidate experience, interviewer training, diversity hiring, hiring metrics and technical sourcing strategies. This role encompasses all functions across the company – executive search, technical recruiting, corporate roles, and fulfillment center roles. The successful candidate will also serve as a forward-thinking leader, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key talent acquisition initiatives that will substantially enhance the success of our business. Keys to success in this role? An eye for innovation; an adaptable and nimble approach; sound moral character and fact-based judgment and decision-making capability. S/he will possess outstanding skills of influence and diplomacy and will be proactive, courageous and inspiring. We expect our recruiting efforts to be best in class, from first contact through onboarding, until candidates are successful, contributing members of our team. This position will report directly to the VP of Human Resources and Talent and will be based in our Flatiron office headquarters.
- Partner with leadership to develop hiring strategy in lockstep with our ambitious growth strategy and strong company culture where hiring managers and employees feel ownership and accountability for building their teams and referring talent
- Lead, manage and develop the Talent Team across multiple locations driving a high level of performance against aggressive hiring plans
- Define and manage the full-cycle of recruiting (researching, scheduling, screening, closing) for all jobs (executive-level, technical, corporate, fulfillment center)
- Attract talent by developing and executing talent acquisition strategies that enhance our visibility and reputation in key recruiting markets
- Manage external recruiter relationships, and integrate external partners as part of an overall recruiting strategy
- Define, develop and roll out recruiting metrics (qualitative and quantitative)
- Identify future talent needs collaborating with the talent team to develop talent pools and/or recruiting activities and programs
- Ensure team and company are trained in day-to-day talent acquisition processes and practices and that we are continuing to scale our recruiting practices to best serve the business
- Seasoned talent acquisition leader who has successfully built, managed and inspired a talent team for a high-growth company
- Specific experience recruiting for distribution/ fulfillment centers (e.g., manufacturing, e-commerce, CPG) with deep experience in both technical and non-technical recruiting
- Adept at workforce planning, forecasting and developing a talent pipeline strategy (this is a high-growth company!)
- In depth understanding of the hiring process, key recruiting metrics, and how to drive them
- Passionate about finding the right people for the right roles
- Demonstrated business acumen: intellectually curious about organizational systems and structures, business strategies, and informed about emerging industry trends
- Demonstrated strategic thinking: able to envision, distill, communicate, develop and implement short and long-term hiring initiatives.
- Technologically astute with experience with ATS systems, project management tools and integration of systems to support the business
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills and judgment with the ability to inspire confidence and build relationships at all levels
- Creative problem-solving abilities. Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements
- Unwavering commitment to service and quality. You don’t settle. You challenge the status quo and push your team and the company forward
- Bachelor’s degree required. PHR or SPHR qualification is a plus
Please email a resume to Caroline Ceniza-Levine, firstname.lastname@example.org.