The Director of Learning & Development will create and implement a Learning Management System (LMS) for our corporate and national fulfillment center teams. This includes identifying, designing and managing targeted talent development strategies, tools and processes that measurably enhance the capability of team members to meet the current and future business needs. The Director of Learning & Development will guide training across all functions and be responsible for staff professional development and leadership and management training. The Director of Learning & Development will work closely with key business leaders on group-specific development needs and assist HR leadership in talent assessment and succession planning. While individual departments will be responsible for subject matter training and certifications, the Director of Learning & Development will ensure consistency and collaboration across departments. This is a national role with a current team of three in NYC and dotted line to training managers in fulfillment centers nationwide (currently three).
- Identify, design and manage the Learning Management System — targeted talent development strategies, tools and processes. Ensure seamless integration of individual development goals with team and business goals
- Create motivating and inspiring training that sets the foundation for long-term growth. Specific programs will include new hire training and onboarding, on-going development, new launches and outsourcing
- Design in-house scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Develop solutions for increasing managerial and leadership effectiveness
- Focus on delivering high impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension and application of the material utilizing technology, interaction, and innovative tactics
- Measure the quality and impact of L&D programs.
- Build out a support team of training specialists from the ground up
- Become quickly immersed into the company culture, working closely with key business leaders to understand team goals and ensure training programs support and align with business goals
- Assist HR leadership in continually building bench-strength of leadership by determining needs through talent assessment, succession planning and individual development plans
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree in Learning & Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organization Development, Organization Behavior, HR ideal
- 12+ years’ experience within development, coaching, OD, talent management or related HR experience, including significant experience managing a team and overseeing development practices, process and programs
- Specific experience training a fulfillment/ distribution center population and providing a strong career path for fulfillment/ distribution staff
- Experience in a start-up environment is a plus
- Advanced training and facilitation skills, instructional design capabilities, and consultative and diagnostic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking L&D programming success
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities. Able to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks in a set timeline
- Proven project management skills with ability to lead multiple complex projects at once. Able to manage effectively within complex organization
- Experience, presence and flexibility to work effectively and influence people at all levels from associates to senior executives
- Must be flexible to travel between our NYC Headquarters and the national fulfillment center locations in NJ, TX and CA.
Please email a resume to Caroline Ceniza-Levine, email@example.com.