For many professionals, going through a job search or career change is an experience loaded with uncertainty. Even exceptionally qualified candidates can be left feeling unsure about how to prepare.
If you’ve ever wondered why you’re not getting the interviews you want or you feel unsure about how to negotiate the best offer, career coaching will put you back in the driver’s seat.
Working with a career coach is about more than just finding your next job.
It’s about developing a personal brand that attracts outstanding opportunities and then acting on those opportunities to build a strong network of people who will help you succeed.
Ultimately, career coaching will help you feel confident in negotiating a compensation package that matches the expertise you have to offer.
Why go it alone in your job search when you don’t have to?
We co-founded SixFigureStart® after hiring thousands of people for start-ups through Fortune 500 companies in financial services, management consulting, media, pharmaceuticals/ biotech and technology.
We have developed a six-step job search process based on how hiring really works and what employers really want. In fact, we even wrote the book on it! Here are the six steps we use when working with one-on-one coaching clients:
- Identify your targets
- Create a marketing campaign
- Research companies and industries
- Network and interview
- Stay motivated and organized
- Negotiate and close the offer
If it were as easy as following this simple outline, everyone would be in a job they love, earning what they deserve. Unfortunately, we know that’s not the case for many people. Career coaching offers you customized advice and support including:
- Getting clarity on companies, industries, and jobs to target
- Refining your resume, cover letter, online profile
- Doing a mock interview and getting candid feedback
- Creating and testing your elevator pitch
- Troubleshooting your job search and figuring out why you’re stuck
- Getting salary advice and negotiating strategies
- Figuring out a sticky career situation
- Preparing for a performance review, promotion discussion or raise request
- Taking action on a career issue that is holding you back from leading the fulfilling and financially rewarding life you deserve
Here are examples of clients that we have worked with:
- An experienced professional in the media industry looking to define his next step – stay for the next promotion or make a move now?
- A tech CEO whose company was acquired by a big financial institution – what should his second act be?
- A sales executive who feels underutilized by her current closely-held private employer – how does she get to a bigger brand with more opportunity?
- A former journalist who wants to move into PR – how can she change careers?
- A Vice President at an investment bank who wants out of financial services but doesn’t know what she wants instead – how can she discover her true passion and make it happen?
- A recent undergraduate with a string of interesting projects and internships looking for her first big break – how does she parlay her part-time experience into a full-time job?
- A senior executive in Big Pharma who wants to move into a leadership role at a biotech start-up – how can he get the attention of VCs and investors looking for their next CEO?
You will get a new perspective and actionable steps to use immediately from the very first session. Most clients coach with us for 3-10 sessions over 1-6 months.
How does coaching work?
Sessions are offered by phone or Skype. Phone sessions can be recorded to an Mp3 so that you have an audio library of the coaching work to refer to again and again. We also offer early morning and evening sessions to accommodate our international clients in different time zones.
All private coaching clients will receive a zip file with proprietary exercises and assessments.
In addition, all private clients receive 3 immediately downloadable coaching libraries included with their sessions:
- Job Search Success Coaching Audios: 18 Mp3 files on a full range of job search topics;
- Career and Life Success Coaching Audios: 18 Mp3 files on life coaching and career advancement topics; and
- Next Generation Career Success Coaching Videos: 12 Mp4 files of video interviews with various career thought leaders (best-selling authors, recruiters, executives, and more) combined with coaching lessons by Connie and Caroline.
These coaching audios and videos are only available to our private clients. Hone your job search skills and strategies with us before you get to your dream employers.
What’s the next step?
Start with our Free Resources page to access free coaching advice via videos, audios or books and articles. You’ll get to know our coaching approach and ideas, and you’ll get immediate help to start moving towards your career dreams right now!
If you know that customized 1:1 support is for you, register for a 20-minute complimentary consultation to confirm the best private coaching option and coach for you. After you sign up, you’ll get an email with some questions so we can prepare for your consultation.
We look forward to collaborating on your career success!
All information is copyright © SixFigureStart® 2008-2014.